Ginger is Mayor Gale's daughter and youngest child, as well as Gust's baby sister. She spends most of her time indoors, rarely coming outside.The only time she comes outside is when it is nighttime or raining. Russo, the family butler, often runs errands for her, such as fetching her food.
Ginger was born in Portia on a stormy night, that same night, her mother passed away. The older residents in Portia often comment on how much Ginger reminds them of her mother, both in looks and her kindness. When Ginger was twelve she suddenly collapsed while walking under a sunny day. Dr. Xu tried many remedies but none worked. From that day on, Ginger has been getting weaker and weaker. Still, she keeps her head held high in hopes one day she'll be able to walk under the sun again.
Ginger was born on Winter of Day 1 in Portia. The same night on her birth date, her mother, Liza, passed away. Her brother, Gust, blamed her for their mother's death and left Portia. When Ginger was twelve years old, she collapsed while out for a walk on a sunny day. She had tried several remedies to no avail and continues to grow weaker by the day.
Ginger dreams of becoming an architect like her brother, much so that she likes making small trinkets. She likes sour foods but dislikes spicy and cold foods due to her condition. She dislikes receiving gifts and would rather just spend time sitting and chatting.
|“||People in Portia are all very simple and friendly folks. I really enjoy having a conversation with everyone.|
|“||Gust is a great brother. But he's always worrying about me even though I'm not a child anymore.|
|“||I really like making small trinkets, but it's hard for me to gather the raw materials. I don't want to bother my family since they're all so busy|
|— At Associate rank|
Ginger is eligible for sparring. If you hurt her constantly, she will Spar you. Gust or Russo or both will take her place in the sparring match. If you win the 3rd time you spar, You will get 3 friendship points.
|Lose||+0 for Ginger
+1 for Gust
|(-5 to -10)|
Ginger is eligible for Rock, Paper, Scissors.
The daily count to play is three games.
Data taken from game assets, game version 7.0100427. Listed values are without The Giver skill, which gives an extra 1-2 points.
All other items will default to Neutral (+0).
The following items are desires, which are randomly assigned to one or two NPCs per week. In the event that this NPC has a desire, gifting the wanted item will provide the higher tier points; otherwise, on non-desired events, the item gives the base point value.
- Likes sour
- Dislikes spicy
- Dislikes seafood
- Dislikes ice cream
|This table only lists food from The Round Table dinner menu.|
Play and dateEdit
Ginger can be asked to play and date. However, unlike other characters, she can only meet between 20:00 - 22:00; she only waits outside Gale's house and cannot be met in the typical meeting areas. Additionally, she cannot participate in the seesaw mini-game.
- "My stomach is not so good, so eating spicy food will really ruin my day."
- "I don't eat too much ice cream, they're too cold for my stomach."
- "The Rainbow Lemonade here at The Round Table is very unique, why don't you try one sometimes?"
- "Sweet, sour, and crispy are the best words to describe the Sauteed Sweet and Sour Tenderloin, my mouth is watering just thinking about it."
- "I don't have a job right now, but I want to be an architect like my brother when I get better."
Sitting on the benchEdit
- "Papa told me stories about him and uncle Russo during the war against Duvos. I mean war is cruel but it's also admirable when people stand up against the bad guys and fight for what is just, right?"
- "You know, because of my condition, I rarely step outside of Portia. If I do get better, I would love to travel the world."
- (You must be really strong willed.)
- "Th-thank you. I do have a weak body, and it's something I have to live with everyday. But as people say, when life gives you lemons, you make some lemonade."
- "Thank you for understanding, it's very stressful living to live with my condition. But it taught me to live each day fully."
- (It seems like your family cares a lot about you.)
- "I'm lucky to be surrounded by loved ones and other good people."
Ginger is one of many bachelorettes to marry. The player may confess to her upon reaching four full hearts and reaching the "Friend" status. A successful confession changes the relationship status to "Girlfriend" or higher.
Before marrying Ginger, you must go through a set of trials. One from Gale, Russo, and Gust. The first trial is given by Gale and it involves you having an A ranking workshop, and getting the #1 Work Shop during that month. The second trail is given by Russo, this trial is all about answering a set of questions about Ginger. The third and final trial is to upgrade your house to level 3.
Upon marrying Ginger, her father, Gale, will send stipends, a fixed regular sum paid in allowance.
On normal days Ginger will usually leave her bedroom after 10:00. She can be found in her house sitting down. Here the player can talk to her, play games or give gifts. There are exceptions to her normal schedule, usually on holidays, events and rainy days where her schedule will change. She will usually stay in her house until the sun goes down.
19:00 - 22:00 - you can you usually see her in the Plaza between these times. Caught her walking with her brother Gust around 19:30. They were heading out to the river which is south of the Plaza.
22:00 - 03:00 - Just a little ways up north from the bridge you built you can find them sitting by the river. Seen this happened around Thursday Night to Early Friday morning.
Sunday - 19:00 - 22:00 - If its not raining she walks around the town rather than go straight to the River outside the plaza. She is accompanied by her brother Gust.
Rainy days - 10:00 - In the morning she starts heading to the river near the bridge.
Birthday (Winter 1) - 7:00 - 12:00 - Leaves home and walks towards cemetery (10:30-11:00 - reaches top grave near the left of the Abandoned Ruins #2). Leaves cemetery at 12:00 to walk home. Reaches home at 15:30.
|“||You must be the new Builder! It's so nice to meet you! I'm Ginger. I hope you find our little town fitting.|
|— Upon first meeting|
|“||This celebration always brings a smile to my face. It's so warm and comfy here! I'm so jealous though, I can't eat anything spicy due to my condition.|
|— On Winter Solstice|
|“||I really like making small trinkets, but it's hard for me to gather the raw materials. I don't want to bother family since they're all so busy.|
|— after reaching "associate" level in your social with her|
- When married, Ginger will occasionally change your wallpaper.
- When married, Ginger will occasionally cook for you in the morning. She always goes out at night, as she will stay at home during sunny days except on Saturday.
- A possible bug causes Ginger to appear outside during bright sunlight when she is sparred with, despite her condition.
- As of Alpha 3.7, Ginger no longer holds an umbrella. Instead, she wears an umbrella hat outdoors, regardless of weather.
- After reaching 2 hearts, Ginger will send you a Yellow Sapphire Necklace and a crafting recipe for this item in the mail.
- Ginger is one of the only two characters that have a different value than +1 for neutral gifts (+- 0). Pinky is the only other character. Neutral gifts for her will default to -2.
- Since relationship gain with her is hard, several small dialogs with her have been implemented that give a +20 boost to the relationship with her.