A spar is a fair boxing match between two fighters, or sparring partners. Most NPCs can be sparred with, but each have a different set of moves, strength, and health. When commencing a sparring match, the player consumes 15 stamina points. Each match lasts for 60 seconds; if both sparring partners remain standing after the match ends, the partner with the most health wins the match. However, if one of the partners loses, they lose gols. If the player wins, occasionally the NPC may reward an additional item.
- Each match lasts 60 seconds.
- Both sparring partners attempt to knock the other's health down within the 60 seconds.
- If both partners remain standing, the one with the most health wins.
- If one of the partners loses, he or she will suffer a minor penalty, such as a minimal loss of money.
- The match is enclosed in an imaginary circle boundary in Central Plaza, disallowing the partners from leaving the match.
- No weapons, such as boxing gloves and swords, are allowed. All hits must not be lethal.
- Only two people, the player and the sparring partner, are allowed in the match. No outside forces can interrupt a match.
- During a match, occasionally on the outer boundary, several NPCs can be seen watching the match and cheering on.
- Some NPCs oppose sparring or may not partake in the match, although can still be sparred. For example, Aadit is a Pacifist and will immediately give up upon the start of the match. Sophie will send five chicks, or Emily with two chicks, in her place to fight for her.