Dr. Xu grew up in Walnut Groove, where he met a traveling doctor from Seesai, igniting his passion for Seesaian medicine. Dr. Xu followed this master doctor back to Seesai and studied there for many years before returning to the Free Cities. Dr. Xu's goal is to use what he learned in that far away land and help the people of Portia live longer and healthier lives.
Xu was born in Walnut Groove on Winter of Day 14. There, he met a traveling doctor from Seesai, inspiring him to become a doctor. He followed the doctor back to Seesai and studied medicine before returning to the Free Cities. He also became fluent in Seesaian. After his studies, Xu had been traveling as a doctor until he came upon Portia. Due to Portia's lack of a long-term doctor, Xu decided to stay, where he became popular and planned to retire in Portia.
Xu does not like tea, such as Red Tea, as he cannot sleep after drinking it.
Xu has scruffy-textured black hair and bushy eyebrows. He is 172cm tall, weighs 58kg, and is thin built.
Xu wears a white coat typically used in medical professions and wraps his stethoscope around his neck. He has a tan undershirt and brown pants. His accessories include blue-colored glasses and blue-colored tennis shoes.
|“||Keep the doctor's advice in mind. Stay away from spicy food, exercise frequently. That's how you can stay out of the clinic.|
|“||The herbal mixture is a great thing. It's easy to make and it works well. Always make enough of them to be safe.|
Xu is eligible for sparring.
Xu is eligible for Rock, Paper, Scissors.
The daily count to play is three games.
- Husband +
- Receive help with domestic work and resource gathering, and a chance at receiving gifts first thing in the morning.
Data taken from game assets, game version 22.214.171.1240. Listed values are without The Giver skill, which gives an extra 1-2 points.
All other items will default to Neutral (+1).
The following items are desires, which are randomly assigned to one or two NPCs per week. In the event that this NPC has a desire, gifting the wanted item will provide the higher tier points; otherwise, on non-desired events, the item gives the base point value.
- Likes meat
- Likes juice
- Dislikes tea
|This table only lists food from The Round Table dinner menu.|
Play and dateEdit
- "I personally don't care too much for tea."
- "I don't drink Red Tea because I can't sleep after that."
- Favorite Dishes: Mushrooms in Oyster Souce, Chocolate Milkshake, Pinecock Egg Tart, Sauted Sweet and Sour Tenderloin, Orange Juice, Meat and Mushroom Stew
- "I like fruit juice, 'cause I don't have to peel the fruits."
- "I like to eat meat, doesn't matter if it's fried, baked, BBQed, or something else."
Sitting on the benchEdit
- "I'm from Walnut Groove, but I studied my medical in Seesai. I'm actually fluent in Seesaian. I know some in the Free Cities find the Seesaian culture different, but I liked it there."
- (You're really popular here in Portia.)
- "I plan to retire here, so this is my community now."
- (You're keeping everyone healthy as can be.)
- "Just doing my job."
- 07:00 - 09:00 - Walking from his home to the grassy area in front of Abu's home.
- 09:00 - 11:00 - In the grassy area near central plaza, collecting herbs.
- 11:00 - 13:00 - Running from the grassy field to Dr. Xu's Clinic.
- 13:00 - 18:00 - In the Clinic.
- 18:00 - 20:00 - Walking from Clinic to main fountain.
- 20:00 - 22:00 - Sitting on the bench next to A&G Construction (sometimes moves benches to the other side of fountain).
- 23:30 - 07:00 - Arrived at home, sleeping.
- Dr. Xu participates in all calendar events.
- On Saturdays, Xu will spend the first hour of the day walking to Gale's home. He will then sit down with Ginger (although they may be on opposite sides of the room from one another) until 11:00, at which point he will run back to his Clinic, arriving at about 12:00. His schedule will proceed normally from there.
On the 13th day of Spring in the first year, Dr. Xu will be waiting outside the Builder's home when they wake up.
- "Hi, so you're the new Builder in town? I heard you're from Barnorock. It's a lot more humid here in Portia. Have you got used to the humidity here?
- Not yet.
- Choosing "Yep!" option:
- Choosing "Not yet." option:
- "Health is the most important thing in life, right? Don't wait until you're sick to do something about it. A Seesai proverb says "prevention is the best cure!" Don't you agree?"
- "Good! But still, eat some healthy foods, good for the body, good for the mind. Try using Milk, Golden Salmon, and Salt to make the Creamy Salmon Stew. It's a local stew, I personally find it very healthy!"
- Thank you, doctor.
- But how do I make it?
Choosing "Thank you, doctor." option ends dialog.
- "Recently everyone is healthy. The work at the clinic is quite relaxed."
- "Isn't the workshop builder quite busy? You've been help us out for quite some time. Is there anything I can help you too? Want to chitchat about what's going with your work? I'm all ears!"
- Logging is hard
- Mining is hard
- It's okay, I'm fine.
- No matter what the builder says:
Choosing "It's okay, I'm fine." will end the event.
The next day, talking to Xu will complete the event:
- If the builder chose "Logging is hard":
- If the builder chose "Mining is hard":
- "Hey little fellow! Getting your butt handed to you?"
- "Dr. Xu is worried about you and wants to come in. Normally I don't just let people in. So I let him wait outside. Go find him. He might still be waiting. Who knows!"
Xu will be waiting at the entrance to the Collapsed Wasteland. When approaching him:
- "You are out finally, Let me see if you are hurt."
- Why are you even here?
- "Civil Corps says you visit the Hazardous Ruins often. There are tough monsters. You are in big trouble if you are injured."
- Can I get a treatment? I'm injured,
- I'm fine. Don't worry.
- Choosing "Can I get a treatment? I'm injured," option:
- Choosing "I'm fine. Don't worry." option:
- "Looks nothing serious. I will treat you in a bit."
- "Okay, you are good to go."
- Thank you Dr. Xu. Are you hurt too?
- I feel completely fine, thank you!
- Choosing "Thank you Dr. Xu. Are you hurt too?" option:
- "This is embarrassing. I wanted to sneak in when the gate was open. And a strange bird jumped on me and I couldn't react in time. And the rest is history."
- "The good thing is Sam showed up in time and drove away the bird, and drove me back from the gate too."
- "Don't worry, I can take care of my injury. But if something happens to you, I'd be really worried!"
- Relationship +40
- Choosing "I feel completely fine, thank you!" option:
After attaining 450 Friendship (4.5 ) with Dr. Xu, if the builder is single, entering the clinic will start the event: Dr. Xu talking to Phyllis:
- "Is this plan even doable?"
- "Doctor, be active about this. If you really like the person, go for it!"
- "You are right, I haven't even tried and I should not think about backing out. Thank you for your advice Phyllis!
- "Oh... that. Doctor..."
- "What do we do next? Definitely can't ask..."
- "Greetings PlayerName! feeling uncomfortable?"
- "Ah... PlayerName! Oh, when did you come?"
- I just arrived.
- What are you talking about?
- Choosing either option:
- "Oh, not... nothing!"
- "I'm going to get some herbs. You Phyllis!... Do as I talked earlier, you know it!"
This ends dialog.
Talking to Xu again during the same day, or the next day will prompt the following response:
Talking to Phyllis continues the event:
- "You'd think Dr. Xu is great at what he does, but he's definitely not good at this!"
- "Oh? Want to know what Dr. Xu is up to? I'm keeping my mouth shut alright."
This ends dialog.
- "Hmmm.. I'm starting to crave Spicy sauce noodles recently. What do I do?"
- I will make you one.
- What do I do?
- Choosing "I will make you one." option:
- Choosing "What do I do?" option:
Either option will begin Mission: The brightest star in the night sky.
|“||Hey, welcome to Portia. I'm pretty much the only doctor around here, so come see me when you need to heal up or buy health items. Here, have these as a welcome gift.|
|— Upon first meeting, during Mission: Meet and Greet|
|“||It's so fun being able to celebrate today with a hot pot. But don't eat too much though, or your stomach will feel it later!|
|— On Winter Solstice|